Scholarships for Presenting Students
WiML will reimburse student travel and accommodation expenses up to a maximum of the following amounts, based on our estimate of the location of the student's institute.
Please note that at most $100 of the total grant amount can be used towards accommodation. These amounts may increase slightly based on final registrations:
Upto $650 (institute located outside US/Canada)
Upto $350 (institute located in Canada)
Upto $350 (institute located at US east coast)
Upto $200 (institute located at US west coast)
Student presenters attending US universities: Please check this for
reimbursement instructions and the reimbursement form is available here.
International presenters and postdocs: Please check this for reimbursement instructions and the reimbursement form is available here.
To claim your reimbursement, you will need to provide us with the following:
- Airfare and/or hotel receipts
- Personal information: Name, Affiliation, Postal address, e-mail, Poster title
Other sources of funding
We'd like to point you to some funding sources you can apply for:
1. NIPS offers travel support and volunteering opportunities http://nips.cc/Conferences/2012/
2. ACM-W offers travel grant for female students and researchers to attend conferences http://women.acm.org/participate/scholarship/index.cfm
3. The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship